Pictured are many original members on our first apparatus. A 1923 Chevrolet that was built and outfitted by the members. It did not have a pump.
In 1939, the cornerstone was laid for the original fire station at the current site.
The fire station can be seen to the left of the service station in this early photo of “DeWitt Corners” prior to the first of many additions and renovations.
Late 1940’s fleet in original station: Truck-3, Engine-2, Engine-1 The very signage over the bay doors is still proudly displayed in the current station.
1953 fleet in front of original station: Chiefs car, Truck-3, Engine-2, Engine-1, M-4.
Early 1960’s fleet in front of original station: Truck-3, Engine-2, Engine-1, M-5 (Rescue) & M-4.
The original edifice of the east bays, adorned for a firefighter’s convention in the area, around 1972.
Original fire station with 1975 west bay addition.
Fire station 2007 after renovations to the original fire station at far left.
The weather vane atop the station, depicting a firefighting scene appeared in the late 1960’s on the original east bays and was moved to the clock tower upon the 1980’s renovation. The weather vane was preserved and placed on the new station in 2008.
In 2006, planning and demolition of the original fire station began with construction to follow in 2007. The current fire station opened in June of 2008.